Sunday, May 15, 2005

The Prayers of the Righteous

Thank you all so much for all of your prayers!! We have all stayed healthy and have just had a great trip. Megan had a miraculous recovery from something that seemed flu-like starting out. She's adjusting and bonding beautifully. She loves her daddy now, and cries when he walks out of the room instead of when he walks in. Her medical exam went off without a hitch. The prayers of the righteous are powerful indeed!!

Today, after Megan's medical exam, we went to a tea house and tasted many kinds of Chinese tea. Tonight we will go to a famous (for adoptive families) Thai restaurant called The Banana Leaf where we will meet up with the other families from our agency. We were split into two groups because there were so many of us, and the other half of our travel group has been at different hotels and on a different schedule the entire trip. It will be fun to see how they're doing.

I wanted to share a little bit about Megan. First of all, she's adorable! Secondly, she's tall! She was measured today to be 31 inches long and weighed almost 21 lbs. She has got a ton of cute personality and a strong temper. She loves to make people laugh. When she wants something she wants it right now. She loves her bottle, french fries, baby cookies and tea. She usually likes congee, rice cereal, Cheerios and noodles. She doesn't care for juice, water, bananas, apples, or baby oatmeal. She blends right into the family and we are all completely enamored with her.

In His Grip...

2 comments:

Mary N. said...

Wonderful news! Megan's recovery and he great medical exam was, indeed, a powerful answer to prayer. Thank you, God!

The gathering with our adoptive parents sounds exciting. I know you will all have just tons of stories and experiences to share. I pray that all the families have positive experiences to share.

I love you all and can hardly wait to have you home. Grandma

Anonymous said...

I just read through your journey and I'm blown away with God's protection, timing and plan! She is a beautiful baby and your family looks so complete with her in the photos! We couldn't be more happy for you and we are anxious to meet her. You're in our prayers and we love you!

William, Christy, Morgan & Bailey Ryan

A Moment to Remember

Waiting... Jadyn emerging with Duni. I thought my heart would burst. ..closer.. A moment I'll never forget!! An emotional reun...